Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Very cool.

I thin that this is really cool. I mean, it's not much different functionally that the RFID chips. They will be able to do essentially the same stuff. BUT the key differnce, I feel, is the size.

Imagine if you need to put a chip into, say, Alex. Instead of the bigger RFID chips that are impanted, you could just use one of these, and I imagine it would be less invasive and painful for her.

There are many more possibilities than I can imagine, I'm sure, but it's pretty cool. C'mon, revel with me!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Alex's chip -is- about that small. Its injected with a needle and no anestesia because most dogs and cats don't feel it.

The differnece is that this holds more Data and is read write. This could be a good thing and a bad thing in the animal world. It means that all the vet data could be kept on an animal at all times. But it also means that it could all be changed or erased. The current system of just a number and then going to a comp to get the data is more secure.

The other applications are more reasonable, but cost benifit analysis must be looked at. The kep is that the chip has to be cheap and mass produceable.

Crystal said...

Looky looky what I too am reading...

Turns out I bought 1-3, I thought I only had 1 and 2 but alas looking for another book, what pops up but book 3.

I am half done and I still say the plot is good, I like the ideas, concepts and all that of recluse and occasionally a small bit of good writing pokes threw but mostly I HATE the writing style. I read it for plot, but I would never rate the books high due to the style.

Delia Carolina said...

10 days sans a new blog post...