Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Honey Mustard Chicken

Today's lunchtime creation...

Sadly I didn't have great bread, I only had wheat sammich bread. But it was alright.

I put some Ken's Honey Mustard on the bread slices, then some bacon. On top of that, white onion (the only onions we have) and precooked chicken chunks. Then some cheddar cheese. Smush it together, toss it in the oven to toast it for about 10 minutes.

It wasn't too bad. I want better bread, but that will have to wait til next trip to the store. The bacon wasn't ideal, but it worked. I think I need more than the little bit I used. The taste of bacon was kinda weak. I debated about lettuce, but thought it would be wierd if I toasted the lettuce too.


__________________

On a side note, we made chili last week. It was ok, but it wasn't the greatest. There's just no good pre-made chili packs out there. One of these days I'm gonna make it from scratch, but until then, anyone have a box or bag that they always use? Something they would recommend to their friends - ones they would recommend that would NOT make said friends ill.

That's it for this time.

2 comments:

Sampson said...

I bet it would have been better pressed and grilled.

Sampson said...

Chili is a highly individual thing - those chili packets are just a base anyway.

On another note, this is the third free sandwich day in a row. woot woot!